- Nyord is a car-free town. If you come by car, you are welcome to drive to the farmhouse and unload/load your luggage, but your car must be parked at the visitor parking lot at the entrance of the town. The distance to
the parking lot is quite short – and the walk is beautiful. The farm parking lot on the north side of the farm may
be used only by the permanent residents of the farmhouse.
- If you come by bike, it should be placed in the bike parking area, which is located on the north side of the courtyard at
the small parking lot of the farm. The entrance to the hostel is immediately behind the bicycle parking – and is marked with a sign.
- When booking your room, you will have been given a code for the lock on your room door. The front door
is open. Your belongings should always be kept in your room, as other guests have access to the corridor and
- The room is available from 16:00 (4 PM). Departure must be no later than 10:00 (10 AM) on the day of departure.
- Rooms and common areas must be left in a tidy condition. Remember to wash up. If you have rented bed linen, please leave it in the basket in your room.
- You are welcome to use the common terrace facing northwest, where tables and chairs are available. The courtyard is reserved for permanent residents. Be considerate of your neighbours. This is particularly true when using the garden and terrace. We have the church as a neighbour and there are regular church services. Please respect the need for peace and quiet during church services.
- It must be quiet after 10 pm on weekdays. A little later on weekends, but remember to be considerate of your neighbours – especially if you’re staying outside.
- We have gone to great lengths to renovate the farmhouse and it has a thatched roof. Any use of open flames is therefore strictly prohibited. If you are planning a meal with a barbecue, there are excellent facilities at the harbour, which is a 5-minute walk from the hostel.
- You may not bring pets.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the property.
- Waste is sorted and placed in bins by the bicycle shed in the parking lot. We hope you have a wonderful time at Nyord. If you need help, you will find our telephone number in the kitchen.
- For medical assistance or in the case of an emergency, call 112.